Co-registration at the University of Vienna

Co-registrated students are persons who want to pass courses and exams at the University of Vienna to get them recognized for their degree programme they are enrolled for at a different Austrian University.

  • You cannot complete a degree programme at the University of Vienna as a co-registrated student.
  • Before co-registering, inquire at your University, if the exams you want to take at the University of Vienna will be recognized.
  • The co-registration has to be renewed every semester for interuniversitary studies.

 Required Documents

You require the following documents:

  • current student record sheet
  • student ID
  • transcript of records as proof of completed STEOP respectively 15 ECTS


  • Summer semester 2019: 7 January until 30 April 2019
  • Semester start: 1 March
  • Winter semester 2019/20: 11 July until 30 November 2019
  • Semester start: 1 October

How to apply for Co-registration


Step 1: Register in u:space and activate your u:account

Activate your u:account in u:space. This account is required for co-registration. Log in to u:space and finish the registration. Pay the tuition/students' union fee at your home university as you need the student record sheet of the current semester.


Step 2: Sending the required documents

Send all required documents via e-mail to

If you study a Doctorate/PhD degree programme or you study both teaching subjects at another university and only want to participate in the pedagogical education at the University of Vienna, you don't require to send the proof of completed STEOP or 15 ECTS, .


What comes next?

You will receive an e-mail to the address you supplied in u:space once your application has been processed. You can print your student record sheet in u:space at Personal Matter - My Documents. As you are not a degree student at the University of Vienna, the co-registration will be entered under the name of your studies at your home university - this will also be visible on the student record sheet of the University of Vienna.

All information to courses, course registration deadlines, etc. can be found in u:find and in u:space.

Co-Registration is not possible:

  • If you are already admitted to a degree programme at the University of Vienna. You can participate in courses from another degree programme and if applicable get them recognized at another university.
  • If you study at a "Fachhochschule."
  • If you have not taken any exams in your home university (as you have to proof a passed STEOP or 15 ECTS).
  • If you study at a non-Austrian university.
  • If you are admitted to another university as part of a mobility programme.
  • If you are admitted to another university as a non-degree student.
  • If you take a leave of absence at another university.

Continuation of co-registration

In order to continue a co-registration you need to send your current student record sheet (Studienblatt) of your main university by e-mail to